Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's day

My  mister once told me, during one of my crazy purges, that I was not sentimental.  And I must admit, he is right.  Sometimes I keep things, but most of the time, I am a purger.  That said, I still do little things that might be taken for sentimental. 

Today is Valentine's day.  This is the 11th year the the mister has been my Valentine, and I am still very happy about that.  I also have a new little Valentine to celebrate - this our 2nd with him.

So, I made some silly little fortune cookies out of brown felt and pink thread (I totally stole the idea) and used the paper from our wedding invitations (proof I might be a little sentimental after all) for the notes inside. 11 for the mister and 2 for the boy.  They are in little "baskets" made of the same paper as the notes.

(Please pardon my cellphone snapshot.  I was too lazy to get out the camera and then download the photo...) 

So, maybe I'm getting soft in my old age.  Anyway, I hope you find something sweet about your day, everyday.  It makes it a little nicer.

No comments: